Bonitron offers accessories that enhance reliability and maximize uptime in drive-driven processes. In business for over 50 years, Bonitron solutions range from Overvoltage braking solutions, such as Braking Transistors, Resistors, and Line Regeneration, to Undervoltage Solutions, such as UPD Uninterruptible Power for Drives. Other solutions include Single and 3-Phase Power Supplies, as well as Portable Capacitor Formers. With thousands of engineered products under our belts and new solutions released regularly, contact us today to learn more.
As always, ‘if you’ve got VFDs, you’ll need some of these!’
Bonitron began in Nashville, TN in 1962, when founder, Robert Benson, ventured away from his current job as an engineering professor at the well-respected Vanderbilt University. At that time, "Doc Benson" was involved with research for the government and ended up being sponsored on his own venture; Bonitron. Initially, Bonitron was involved exclusively with government-related work until a local company came in with a problem that Bonitron was able to solve. From there word spread that Bonitron was an industrial electronics "Problem Solver," and soon had evolved into an industrial electronics engineering company. Instead of developing a new product and then searching for a market, Bonitron decided to help customers create solutions to problems they currently had. This resulted in thousands of different products; the most popular of which have stuck around as Bonitron's core products.
Something that has made Bonitron unique over the years is its connection with dedicated employees. The marks of a successful company are derived from more than simply the bottom line. Nearly half of Bonitron's employees have been part of the Bonitron team for over a decade. In fact, over 10% have been involved for over 30 years, while a couple are approaching the half-century mark. One thing that continues today is Bonitron's dedication to its employees, customers, and its strong emphasis on quality.
Click play to view Bonitron's memories over the past 50+ years and a list of employees from Bonitron's 50th year in business (2012).
The key members of the Bonitron Customer Support Team are listed below. Their goal is to ensure customers receive quality customer service and assistance on everything from selecting and sizing a product to coordinating repair options on a 20+ year-old unit.
While our Marketing team works to make product selection as simple as possible, we realize many of our solutions can be complex. The Customer Support Team takes pride in helping customers find the right Bonitron solution for their application and can handle over 95% of customer requests. For the other 5%, the Customer Support Team works directly with the Engineering Department in order to provide necessary information and assistance. Contact a member of the Bonitron team today to discuss opportunities and solutions that can increase uptime on any of your drive-driven processes.
The key members of Bonitron's Engineering Department are listed and serve as the backbone of Bonitron. Currently managed by Ethan Humphrey, the Engineering Department has diverse product and application experience and is available to match your problem with a solution. With thousands of products designed and developed over Bonitron's 50+ year history, the Engineering Department continues to design quality solutions to enhance drive system reliability. Should you have a question about a product, you are only one click away from the well documented user manuals.
The Bonitron Operations Team is led by Lacie Pope. Once orders are entered into the system, they immediately move to production to be filled. While most lead times range from stock to two weeks, larger or custom orders are meticulously managed. Each member of our Operations Team has direct physical access to the Project Design Engineer for optimal communication. All units are tested prior to packaging and shipment in order to keep Bonitron’s DOA rate one of the lowest in the industry. Lastly, Bonitron units are packaged with care in boxes with custom padding or specialty crates.