Bonitron now offers case resistors for applications up to 10 HP. Case resistors are a great add-on resistor solution due to their small size and cost and UL recognition.
IP 66 Resistors up to 20 HP are now available from Bonitron:
IP 66 resistor Highlights
- Complete protection from dust, oil, and other non-corrosive material
- Complete protection from contact with enclosed equipment
- Protection from water, even from powerful jets of water
- Equivalent to NEMA rated 4 and 4X enclosures
- Engraving, silk-screening, and anodizing services available
- Custom with cutouts, insulation, hinges, latches or locks
IP 66 Specication Sheet
Like the rest of Bonitron's resistor offering, Case Resistors protect drives from overvoltage faults by dissipating excess regenerative energy as heat. Case Resistors are used in applications where infrequent, low duty cycle, or low horsepower regeneration occurs.
Case resistors are commonly used with a drive's internal brake or a Bonitron M3675T Braking Transistor.
For resistors rated up to the megawatts, see the Bonitron M3575R or M3775R Series. Custom resistors are also available.